Go to: Chris Spackman Home | Educator Resources Home | PD Resources Home
Resources from the session
Docs, Sheets, etc.
- Example of translating docs in MS Word prolly not super useful
- A spreadsheet for translating to several languages at once, easily. not my creation; forget who shared it with me originally
- Presentation with a translation script / addon installed. Scary, but actually the safest.
safest because only runs Google code
ownedby your Google account.
- Example of image OCR on Google Drive.
Fun with Forms
- Example of a Multilingual Form (2 Languages per Question) (Google Form)
- Another example of a Multilingual Form (Ask for Language) (Google Form)
- How to fix English captions in (your own) YouTube videos. Automatic captions usually have small errors, and sometimes have huge errors.
- How to turn on auto-translate for YouTube videos.
- TESOL.org book: Creating Visually Effective Materials for English Learners — a great book on exactly what the title says.
- TESOL.org blog post: Tidying up your ELT (ways to
- TESOL.org blog post: design mistakes that teachers make
- List of books about instructional design at Bookshop.org
Lagniappe (something extra)
Below are links to some extra resources that I hope participants will find helpful.